Yesterday, the 2nd awards for the Miele Top Restaurants in Asia were hosted in Singapore. Below is the list of top 20 best Restaurants in Asia according to the Miele guide. Its funny how many of the restaurants mentioned don't even serve Asian cuisine (top 5 restaurants are French Cuisine).
As far as the Philippines is concerned, my favorite Restaurant (Antonios) fell from 10th place last year to 17th place this year. There is also a new Philippine restaurant on the top 20: Aubergine.
I have only been there once and after this award, maybe I should try them again soon..
1. L’Atelier de Joel Robuchon, Hong Kong, China. (2)
2. Iggy’s, Singapore. (1)
3. Robuchon a Galera, Macau, China. (6)
4. Jaan par Andre, Singapore. (-)
5. Les Amis, Singapore. (3)
6. Mozaic, Bali, Indonesia. (5)
7. Gunther’s Modern French Cuisine, Singapore. (4)
8. Laris, Shanghai, China. (-)
9. Ku De Ta, Bali, Indonesia. (-)
10. Yung Kee, Hong Kong, China. (8)
11. Bukhara, New Delhi, India. (14)
12. Beijing Da Dong Roast Duck, Beijing, China. (-)
13. Zanotti II Ristorante Italiano, Bangkok, Thailand. (19)
14. M on the Bund, Shanghai, China. (17)
15. Nobu, Hong Kong, China. (16)
16. Caprice, Hong Kong, China. (11)
17. Antonio’s, Cavite, Philippines. (10)
18. Aubergine, Manila, Philippines. (-)
19. Fook Lam Moon, Hong Kong, China. (18)
20. L’Atelier de Joel Robuchon, Tokyo, Japan. (13)