Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Carbonara

Ahhhhh Carbonara…many of my friends know this was an obsession for me and still is. tI tried many restaurants in the Philippines and no one serves it the authentic way: no cream and just eggs. I was lucky enough to have travelled to Italy (Rome particularly) many times, and have been able to try the real thing.

5 simple ingredients - thats all you need: Pasta, Egg, Guanciale (or bacon), Pecorino (or parmesan) and pepper. Many of you will have your own ways of doing it. I have my own and I am quite pleased with the results. If anyone wants to know how I make it, just Pm or email me and I’ll be glad to send it to you. 

Basically. If you can get fresh organic or fee range eggs this is how your Carbonara should look like


There is a lot of pepper but this is really how it is traditionally served. The 'sauce' which is made of egg yolk should just be the exact consistency, creamy, silky wit the right amount of cheese. I add a little pasta water to achieve this and it seems to work. 


Like all good food, it starts by always the best and most fresh ingredients. 


No comments: