Sunday, June 6, 2010

De Tapas por Madrid

I know it's been quite a while I have not posted anything on my blog. It's just been a very busy hectic month, with travelling involved so not much time for this. I'm back and I'm hoping I can update my blog in the next couple of weeks, so here goes...

I just came back from a 2 week hectic European trip and I will start this post with an afternoon of tapas in Madrid after a late night Dinner in L'Albufera, a well classic place serving authentic Paella Valeciana which I will blog about some other time.

We started the afternoon with a walk to Plaza Santa Ana, very near our Hotel. Plaza Sta. Ana is know to have many tapas bars in the main plaza and many old Restaurants/Bars on the side streets. We decided on one called Bar Santa Ana (there were like 20 to choose from ) so we ordered some wine, Beer, a platter of Pintxos and some chips.


Platter was a selection of their best sellers, including Jamon, Queso de Burgos, Lomo Iberico and Chorizo. Great way to start our afternoon (this was around 6:30 PM) and I must say, the Plaza was packed with locals just sipping wine and munching on Tapas...you really gotta love the Spanish way of living..

After about 1 hour, we decided to walk a bit (after quite a few glasses of wine) and ended up in Paseo Castellana (a bar recommended by my aunt) in a place called Terraza Bar Espejo. This place has been open for ages, right in one of the side streets of Paseo Castellana, one of the oldest and most important streets in Madrid. A nice open area (Terraza), with again lots of people having cocktails, listening to a pianist play..you gotta love this life of theirs...



Again, we ordered some wine and beers, and more Tapas....

Tosta de Sobrassada de Mallorca con Queso Fundido

Surtido de Tapas (Pintxos)

Chorizo a la Sidra.

We had other dishes which I failed to Photograph (maybe too much wine??)....but trust me all of them were exquisite.

More posts of my trip coming up soon.....

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Welcome back! Excited to read your food adventures on your last trip... That last chorizo looks like longganiza.:-) How did it taste like?

Miguel said...

Will start posting more soon...The Cjrizo was a home made one..yes it looks like Longganiza hahaha. But this was one was very tender, tasty. After every bite, a burst of chorizo oil in your mouth....lovely.

Anonymous said...

Dude, the glistening oil in that Chorizo makes me want to reach out for Xenical! Am sure it was heavenly. Photos are top notch as usual. Galing!

Edwin

Miguel said...

Edwin - hahaha..you don't need xenical after eating here...

Noel said...

The chorizos are a la sidra? Would you know how they used the sidra?

Miguel said...

Yes, you slightly fry them, then pour a little Sidra on the pan until it gets reduced and dries up.

I actually have a bottle of Sidra I think at home I can try this maybe this Saturday. This is very typical from Asturias.