Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Kimpura, Greenhills Shopping Center


When I hear the name Kimpura, it reminds me of when I was young. My dad used to take us there every Sunday for dinner. The whole family would gather around the misono table and watch that Japanese cook the fried rice and the steak. Then they had those tin foil laid out in the sides on the misono table where they used to put the vegetables.

The last time I ate in Kimpura with my Dad was in Glorietta some time last year, before the explosion. I had lunch there today with my friend E since we had we had some errands to run. Actually whenever I am in the Greenhills area I practically eat in Kimpura most of the time(almost 99% of the time).

I've been quite obsessed with  Japanese food lately and I always seem to order the same dishes, and I never get tired of them. Main things I always order are salmon sashimi, spicy tuna sashimi, Tamago sashimi and Zaru soba. I know these are simple foods but I think that is what makes me crave for Japanese food - its simplicity. When I eat in Kimpura, I sometimes order their fried rice, which I consider their house specialty, and Ebi tempura.

Kimpura is still one of my favorite japanese restaurants and I make it a point to try to go there at least once a month or every 2 months. They have very fresh ingredients and excellent service (many of the waiters are the same ones that used to be in the original one in the quad area (Bricktown is what I think it was). My ONLY complaint is that they do not have fresh wasabi, which I always like to have with my sashimi. Ever since trying fresh wasabi, can't seem to imagine eating  sashimi with wasabi coming out of a tube.

Overall for me still one of the best Japanese restaurants in town....

No comments: