Friday, July 18, 2008

Pepper Lunch, Makati Philippines


This is actually not my first time to eat in this restaurant, but this is the first time I decided to take pictures of the food and blog about it. So what is this place about?? From outside it looks like any regular fast food, specially when you see the long lines that are formed outside during lunch time.

The concept is a DIY (Do-it-Yourself) fast food steak house. What's their secret? Good steak, a special kind of butter and PEPPER, lots of PEPPER. Another "secret' is their hot iron plate, which will heat up to 270 degrees in 70 seconds and will remain hot (80 degrees) for 20 minutes. Meat grilled at this temperature remains tender and juicy.

src="http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3052/2679499044_55f2971446.jpg" border="0" alt="" />
The dishes are served to you in the iron hot plate with rice and corn. The meat is raw and thinly sliced. You then have to mix quickly the meat with the rice (or vegetables) so that it cooks. Then you add the sauce of your choice (Honey brown sauce or garlic soy sauce). The only downside is that you have to wait a few minutes before you can actually eat the steak because the plate is so hot. I always burn my tongue when I eat there...


Aside from the Beef Pepper steak, we also tried the SHIMOFURI Steak (which means marbled steak) since we wanted to try other dishes in their menu. For the price of the steak, it was actually very good and tender.

This place is definitely in my favorites list. If you want to have a quick and cheap lunch, this is highly recommendable. Again I apologize for the low quality pictures. I was using my cellphone.

4 comments:

Scenting Asia said...

Hi Miguel,

Thank you for eating in & blogging about our resto.
We are happy you enjoyed it!

Try the molten chocolate cake next!

see you in PL!

cheers,
Jeroen

chiara said...

YUM YUM YUM!!!!
when are we eating there again? hehe :)

Miguel said...

Soon soon very soon.....

ChichaJo said...

I have yet to eat because of the lines...I'll wait til they peter out a bit...sounds good though :)